Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Annual Crandall Family Christmas Party

We spent another weekend in Gilbert for two reasons. My dad turned 60 on Friday and Saturday was our annual Christmas party. We've been doing our Christmas party for about 9 or 10 years now, I think. It's always fun but always a little on the chaotic side. We were missing several this year which was a bummer but it was still enjoyable.

Friday night we had Chinese food. My dad served his mission in Hong Kong and loves Chinese food. I was surprised how much fried rice Maeley ate. She even had seconds. After dinner we went to the Temple to see the lights. Maeley and Chase were so excited. When Chase saw the temple he said, "That makes me happy." He is such a sweet boy. Surprisingly it wasn't busy at all.

Happy Birthday Dad!
(We were horrible at taking pictures this weekend. There are only a few.)



My sister  Laurel made this cake for my dad. She always makes the cakes but can't you see why? It looked awesome! Everyone loved it but especially Chase.

Saturday was just a fun day. We didn't plan any big activites this year like we have in the past. All the kids want to do is just play together anyways. This was the first year to was really cold. That didn't stop the kids  from playing outside, but it kept the adults inside mostly.



Zoe escaped outside as soon as she saw the door was left open.


Zoe and daddy (she is looking at my nephew Jacob)


The kids began playing hide-n-go-seek. This is Kyla.


Jacob and Mayla hiding under the car.


Jacob and Tyler. Tyler got his Jeep running again.

My mom and my sisters and I made a craft. This is the first year we've done this and we will definitely be doing it again. It was so much fun. We actually don't want to wait another year to do it again.


We  made this. I've been wanting a countdown since Derek broke the one I had our frist Christmas. That's okay though because it wasn't my favorite anyways. I love this one though. Derek did the painting and sanding I put the paper on with modge podge and put the vinyl on. Laurels boyfriend has a vinyl machine. Wahoo! I see more vinyl projects down the road.

In the evening we had a gift exchange with the grandkids. The adults did a white elephant game. Derek came home with an ugly picture frame. Maeley had me put a picture in it and is now on her dresser. And I came home with a Tiffany style lamp. (Tyler got it at Goodwill) I'm pretty sure that will end up in the girls room.

1 comments:

Jones Family said...

The craft countdown turned out great!! Good job!!