Derek was supposed to have President's day off however work is insanely busy right now and he had to work Monday. So I convinced him to take Friday off instead. We all took Maeley to the bus stop and our neighbor offered to watch Chase and Zoe while Derek and I went out...all day (Thanks again Miriam). I know I am a pretty lucky girl that my husband is okay with going shopping on his day off and enjoying it.
Recently we have been adding some colorful new accessories to the family room. I wanted to took for a couple more things. We got a cute new throw blanket at TJ Maxx. Then we went to Loft. I love that clothing store. I tried on 3 pairs of pants and all of them fit wonderfully. That never ever happens to me. It must have been my lucky day. I ended up getting spoiled and got a few tops and 2 pairs of pants.
After that one of the main reasons I wanted to go into Albuquerque was because Paradise Bakery opened and I just found out. It's the first one in New Mexico! I've loved Paradise Bakery since the first time I ate there over 10 years ago. It was a huge let down. Its wasn't even the Paradise menu I know and love. I was mad so was Derek. We won't be going back...that is until we go back to Phoenix. This location is a test market for using the Panera menu with the Paradise name. Stupid idea if you ask me. I would have had a completely different expectation if it was called Panera.
We went to Restore and were disappointed with what they had that day. Then off to Hobby Lobby. We got some greenery for a new pot we bought. I'll post some pictures soon. We were going to finish with getting groceries but as we pulled into the parking lot I blurted out "maybe I should get my haircut". That lead to me getting about 3inches cut off. I realize that isn't much but I have hair that takes forever to grow and stops at a certain point. It's shorter than I've had it for a very long time. Lastly we got groceries and made it home in just enough time to pick up Chase and Zoe and head to the bus stop. It was such a wonderful day. I could get used to more days like that.
Get out in the sun!
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment