On Saturday my parents came to visit so we went up Mt. Lemmon. We just love the cooler weather there and it only takes about an hour from our house to the top. We arrived at the top about 10:45 to find out they were having a parade at noon. We had to park far down the road because people were either parked or had chairs out reserving a place to watch the parade. We walked up the road to the general store and found they had some camping chairs for sale. Because Derek and I didn't have any anyways, we went ahead and bought 4 so we could comfortably sit and watch the parade. We also bought hot dogs, chips and drinks. Then ate by our car as we waited. Summer Haven is the town on Mt. Lemmon which is very small, so this parade was nothing too exciting but for us it was fun. It reminded me of celebrating the 4th in Prescott when I was a kid.
Doesn't Zoe look like a little lamb with the way her sweatshirt is around her ears?
I liked this spot and wanted a picture with Maeley, however Maeley did not want her picture taken. Little stinker.
A little stream went along side the main road in town.
Us eating our hot dogs waiting for the parade.
I should have taken the camera from Derek, there are no pictures of him. He has become quite the photographer since we bought our new camera.
Chase waiting

2 comments:
What a dang cute little town and parade! Makes me miss the little parades when I was a kid... I think we went to the ones up by Snowflake or something. Dang Zoe's eyes are killer! That lamb pic of her is gorgeous!
I am so jelous you are wearing a jacket on the 4th! It was just as warm in Utah, quite toasty. Maeley looks so much older!
Post a Comment